Fedora Matrox dual head crashes OpenOffice (was: Testing current rawhide... )

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 31 10:11:53 UTC 2003

Am Do, den 30.10.2003 schrieb Michael K. Johnson um 15:49:
> We're at the point of cutting candidate trees for the release, so
> testing current rawhide would be VERY useful.

Hardware: IBM IntelliStation dual P III, Matrox G550 DVI Dual Head
(analog), Xinerama mode

Each time when I start OpenOffice and open a document (some documents,
unfortunately not every), OpenOffice crashes. The window freezes and I
have to use kill to stop it.

If I disable xinerama and and use only 1 monitor, I can work with the
documents in question. It doesn't matter wether I use the smp or the uni
kernel.

Must be related to Fedora specific issues. Installing SuSE or Mandrake
on the very same hardware does work.

Bug: 108700

P.S.: Please, can someone explain, how to attach a file to a bug report?
If I click the bugzilla suplied link I can specify a file (including the
full path), a comment and a description. After clicking on submit I have
to login another time and then I get an error message, I would not have
file.