stupid apt problem

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Oct 1 03:28:56 UTC 2003

Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

> I know this is probably something stupid...or is it easier to download
> the .iso's and do it that way?  It seemed from the webpage the "proper"
> way to do it was via apt so I thought I'd try.

Which webpage gave you that impression? I would dare say that the idea
that apt is the preferred upgrade method at this time is way off the
mark. Unless something significant has changed....anaconda, the
installer on the iso image, was/is/will be the upgrade method and
got/gets/will get the testing priority during the test phase...and thus
will be the expected upgrade path when upgrading from official release
to official release. As far as I can tell....apt and yum can be used to
upgrade from official release to official release but its a worksforme
kind of situation. The expectation I'm working under is that anaconda is
the expected upgrade path and anaconda is what testers need to test as a
priority.

-jef"i'd love to be wrong..."spaleta