can't install on asus a7n8x

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Oct 1 06:30:31 UTC 2003

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

> Usually memory modules get life time warranty, consulte it.

Fry's replaced the memory without charge, and that seems to have
fixed it.  After replacing the memory, I installed 0.94 without
problem, and I've done a gcc boostrap and test.  (The latter
didn't show the speed-up I expected, but it is possible I need
a faster disk than the old UDMA/33 disk in there now.)

I had tried using the old memory and specifying badram=, but
that didn't help.  However, I'm not 100% sure that was just
because of the bad memory.  It lools like the disc1 I downloaded
from mirrors.kernel.org was corrupted (it didn't match the
MD5SUM, even when downloading it to a completely different
machine).  Plus I have suspicions of the cd drive.

Anyway, 0.94 seems to be running well.  I've found a couple
of bugs that I'll report on bugzilla.  (X11 doesn't recognize
the serial mouse that it did recognize during installation;
rdhat-config-services hangs if you start-stop-start vsftpd.)
--
	--Per Bothner