news access?

netopml at newview.com netopml at newview.com
Wed Oct 1 21:36:39 UTC 2003

tommy.mcneely at sun.com (Tommy McNeely) writes:
> I am sure this battle has been fought before.. but wouldn't these aliases
> work better as a discussion group on a news server? it seems that every
> mail client (server?) I use just doesn't like having tousands of messages
> in a mailbox :-)
>
> (puts on flame suit)

Just do what I do: forward all these emails into a news server. I've set
this up a while ago and it allows me to subscribe to gazillion mailing
lists without getting my inbox flooded and it's way easier than using
multiple mailboxes.
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu at newview.com
       Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
                    explained by stupidity.
                     -- Hanlon's Razor --