numlock at boot

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 00:49:14 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 18:27, Paul Pianta wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> >But I think that making the desktop remember the setting is
> >both a lot easier to implement and more convenient for most
> >users.
> >

> i would be more than happy with that  8)
>
> for the few times that i am in pure console mode - i could handle
> pressing numlock - for the other 99% of the time that i'm in gnome -
> remembering the setting from the last shutdown would rock!
>
> should i add comments to the bugzilla mentioned in a previous post?

There's not really much point in adding "that sounds
cool" comments. Once Jonathan has said that it sounds good to him,
that makes it an official cool idea, and someone just has to
come up with the implementation.

> and any chance this would make it into the fedora core final release?

I don't really see any chance of it making Fedora Core 1. In GNOME
terms, new features will go onto the GNOME-2.6 branch; Having GNOME
2.6 in Fedora Core 2 seems reasonable if everybody stays on schedule.

Regards,
					Owen