seriously fubar'ed after rawhide updates...

Nick Verhaegen nick at permflux.org
Thu Oct 2 01:04:15 UTC 2003

Hi again...

We live, we learn :) I managed to fix it myself...
I do  my updates using apt, and that doesn't automatically do kernel
updates... Apparently, when you install the new glibc and/or binutils,
and don't upgrade the kernel, you get fubar'ed...
I managed to boot from an old redhat 9 cd with rpm on it, mount my old
filesystem, and discovered the wonders of rpm --root and upgraded to all
the latest rawhide packages... This fixed it...