oOO-1.1 and prelink

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 05:59:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:47:30PM -0400, James Drabb wrote:
> Wow, prelinking OOo-1.1 gives very impressive startup times.
> For the first startup I get 4 seconds, with 2 seconds after that.
>
> One other not about prelink, it seems to hose gstreamer or at least
> programs that use it.  After prelinking /usr/bin which has jamboree and
> sound-juicer in it, those two apps would segfault when I tried to run
> them.  Undoing the prelink on jamboree and sound-juicer fixed them both
> and now they run.  Is there any way to tell the prelink cron job to
> ignore certain files?  I am using Fedora Core 0.94.

No, but this thing is better to be debugged and decided whether it is
gstreamer bug or prelink bug.
Can you please give me:
tar chjf prelinked.tar.bz2 @PROGRAM@ `ldd @PROGRAM@ | awk '{print $3}'`
(when it is prelinked and segfaults; plus a step by step way how to
reproduce the segfault) and
tar chjf nonprelinked.tar.bz2 @PROGRAM@ `ldd @PROGRAM@ | awk '{print $3}'`
after you unprelink it (and make sure it works)?

	Jakub