Stopping VMware from complaining about DGA

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Thu Oct 2 07:38:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 00:50, Michael Kearey wrote:

> Why ask here ? This is clearly something very much to do with VMware,
> and very little to do with Fedora..

I did know when I posted the message, but I also did know that there a
lot of knowledgeable people here which probably have the answer for my
problems.

> If you check out the VMware news groups you will find quite a bit of
> info on how to stop various popup messages.
> Search criteria 'DGA warning group:vmware.*'  Finds a thread a Google
> with all the info you need, except for the mouse-less config.
>
> Since you seem Googless, here is the info:
>
> Put in the .vmware/config  file
>
> disable_acceleration = "TRUE"
> xinfo.noDGA = "TRUE"
> xinfo.noDGAAccel = "TRUE"
> svga.noDGA = "TRUE"

Well, this looked promising, but in the end, VMware keeps complaining
about DGA when it's run on an Xvnc session. I'll ask in the VMware news
groups.

Thanks!