Anyone working on a Feodore release for X86-64 ?

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 12:53:20 UTC 2003

Actually, I started working with the currend Fedora test2 kernel last
night to see what it needed, as everything else is ready.  It will be alot
of work with the Fedora kernel, but perhaps not impossible.  I guess the
question to the group is, should the AMD64 Fedora Core use 2.6test,
or should we keep it current with i386 Fedora Core?  If we want to keep it
current, it might be a bit longer than planned.  The last option would be
to use a vanilla 2.4.21 kernel and add what patches we can to be as close
to RH Fedora 2.4.21 as possible.  This might be required over
keeping current with i386 Fedora Core if some patches cannot be
fixed in any amount of time.  Honestly, I think 2.6test is generally
fine for this, but what do others think? I will be glad to work towards
what people suggest.

Justin M. Forbes