"Homeless" KDE desktop

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 2 17:28:21 UTC 2003

On October 2, 2003 11:48 am, Christoph Wickert <Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at web.de>> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When doing a german KDE install, I only get 2 icons on my desktop:
> Start-here (as known not working) and Trash. I feel homeless :(
>
> Is this a problem with translations? Did not happen to me with a
> german-only install, just like the problems with firstboot: Installing
> english & german results in a mixture of both.

No I see the same thing here. I have Canadian English for
the system language, but no Home folder on the KDE
desktop.

... as a workaround, you can drag a copy of the home folder
on to the desktop from the main KDE menu, but there OUGHT
to be a home folder created by default. I recommend filing
a bug report in bugzilla.

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.