seven beta 2 updates channel and rhn-applet

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 3 00:59:46 UTC 2003

> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 19:10, Louis Garcia wrote:
> > Is their a way to make the rhn-applet point to the update channel?
> >
> Log onto Red Hat Network.
>
> Select the Systems Tab.
>
> Select your Severn system.
>
> Click on Alter Channel Subscriptions.
>
> Place a check by Severn Beta 2 (i386) Updates.
>
> Click on Change Subscriptions.
>
> The next time you run up2date from the panel applet, it will have this
> channel available.
>
> Gerry

  I don't think that's what he meant.  I've done all of the above, and I
can find out if there are updates, but only by running up2date and manually
selecting the updates channel (the base channel is selected by default).
I'd like the RHN applet configured so it turns red when there are updates
in the update channel, not the base channel (where I've never seen updates
since beta1), so I don't have to run up2date except when there's something
waiting.  Looking through the rhn-applet package, there doesn't seem to be
any way to configure this.