mozilla 1.4

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 3 18:29:49 UTC 2003

On October 3, 2003 02:10 pm, Andre Robatino <Andre Robatino
<andre at bwh.harvard.edu>> wrote:
>   Today's updates fixed both Mozilla and Konqueror for me (which is how I
> was able to file the other bug report :).  My hardware is
>
> [andre at localhost andre]$ uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.22-1.2084.nptl #1 Thu Oct 2 15:00:07 EDT
> 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> so maybe one of the processor-specific RPMs accounts for why the games
> break only on some systems.
... likewise. I'm inclined to think that many of the bugs are
processor-specific.

For example, I have system sounds enabled in Gnome, but have no
problems running games such as TuxRacer and Chromium *with*
sound support. Under KDE, however, I get NO sound when I run
Chromium, because I have the KDE system sounds enabled...
and even have enabled full-duplex, but no joy ...  :-(

BTW, how do I (what is the command to) run the KDE desktop
setting wizard? I want to *disable* those KDE system sounds.

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.