Transgaming WineX (specifically EverQuest) under Fedora 0.94

Deryk Lister list at cloudk.clara.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 23:46:52 UTC 2003

Discussion so far:  (Quoted from reply by Jim Drabb):

> Message: 26
> Subject: Re: Transgaming WineX (specifically EverQuest) under Fedora 0.94
> From: Jim Drabb <JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com>
> To: fedora-test-list <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:00:52 -0400
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 19:32, Deryk Lister wrote:
> > I posted the following message to the TransGaming messageboards, and
> > will also post it here in case anyone has any ideas!  The problem, I
> > think, is with the kernel but I've yet to put my finger on it.
> >
> > This thread seems to outline a similar problem, and the same method I
> > tried (grabbing a vanilla kernel and compiling with a Fedora .config
> > file) but whilst it worked for this person it didn't work for me:
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-September/msg00218.html
> <snip>
> > Any suggestions/workarounds appreciated!
> >
> > (I'd quite like to see this fixed - without workarounds - before Fedora
> > is released, if anything to prevent newbs getting put off. Will help in
> > any way I can, but note I'm not a programmer)
> >
> > Cheers
>
> It could  be prelinking or nptl.  You could try to set PRELINKING=no in
> /etc/sysconfig/prelink
>
> You can also try to run winex with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1, e.x.
>
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 winex3 eqgame.exe
>
> Or just export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 before you run winex3 from a
> terminal.
>
> Jim Drabb

I am an idiot. LOL

Just got a reply from Transgaming suggesting that the problem is most
likely not to do with the distro, but more to do with the fact that some
dumbass (me) was trying to run the game from a FAT32 partition.

Copied it over to a Linux partition and it works perfectly.

You now have permission to call me lots of names ;)

Cheers
Deryk