[FEDORA] Re: [FEDORA] Re: severin login failure after updating today

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 4 04:27:34 UTC 2003

On October 3, 2003 11:08 pm, Daniel Wittenberg <Daniel Wittenberg
<daniel-wittenberg at starken.com>> wrote:
> It logs into what you have your prefs set to, and it's full version so
> you can print and everything else.
>
> Dan
>
> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 21:51, Elton Woo wrote:
> > On October 3, 2003 10:40 pm, Daniel Wittenberg <Daniel Wittenberg
> >
> > <daniel-wittenberg at starken.com>> wrote:
> > > So far the only workaround that I know of (what I'm doing) is init to
> > > runlevel 3, then startx from there.  I get the annoying error messages
> > > that pop up behind the fedora splash, along with my ssh-add, but at
> > > least it works.
I've changed my inittab so that the system boots to runlevel3, then
I run startx. At least Gnome now invokes my startup programs, BUT I
*still* can't print, even doing  test print as su root, I get NOTHING sent
to the printer... :-(

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.