up2date

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 20:46:30 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've installed test2 of Fedora on my laptop. It's rather groovy.
However, I do have some questions, so please, bear with me. I realise it
is beta software so problems may be encountered...

Having followed the instructions on the rhn website, I can still not
subscribe to up2date. All I get is that I cannot change my base channel.
Is there any way to subscribe and start using up2date?

I need to add exec-shield=0 to my kernel line in order to get to my
desktop. I know this is something to do with module underruns/overruns,
but is there any way to fix this as it's a bit damned annoying.

Is it me, or is the current kernel slower that 2.4.20-20.9 from RH9? The
whole desktop environment seems sluggish while the command line seems
less responsive on some tasks.

There is a problem with the panel. If I add a drawer and bung some
launchers in there all seems fine. Soon after though, the icons are
still there, but only activatable by moving the cursor onto the icon and
hitting return. The mouse fails to launch the application. Has anyone
else seen that?

Other than these, it's yet another great step forward.

TTFN

Paul
Scribus Developer
--