GDM and X messed up!

Botoaca Andrei warlock_ba at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:01:20 UTC 2003

I have installed KDE only (no gnome, only devel for it ... becuase i needed
some libraries). Everything works ok. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut! When I update GDM
allways !!! (and I really mean allways), because it heapened the same on
severn 1 (now severn 2), the hello/login thingie will not work anymore (it
keeps mumbling smt about GNOME, and there IS NO GNOME!!! because I never
needed that krappie thing. And the only thing in which I can login in
graphic mode is de safe terminal! No KDE, no nada ... ( in 9.093 i
owerwrited the Session with the Session.rpmsave which was made during
update, and it quite worked, I mean no gdm running, but kdm instead (but
that was fine by me to). And in the /etc/sysconfig/desktop I have "KDE"
setting). Can anyone help me with this ?? ASAP ?! Because I am on windows
(sorry I can't write it with smaller fonts, because I'm not proud of me ...
but I can fix kernels, I can fix drivers, but the arhitecture of the XFree
 >=4 and the kdm,xdm,gdm thingie I don't get).

Thanks a lot!
Me