Grub stage1 file error

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Sun Oct 5 13:10:54 UTC 2003

> Well, is the file there or not?

Sure it's there!

> I think you could post a listing of the contents of /boot/grub,
> check the permissions of the directory (must be writable), show
> that you really have a good installation of the grub package,

No need for that, it's just a default successful installation.

> and run
>
>   grub-install --debug /dev/hda
>
> You could also try "grub-install --just-copy" and then list the
> contents of /boot/grub. The stage* files should be there.

I took the stage1 and stage2 files and put them in the /boot/grub
directory for nothing happened.
Seems like the hard disk (at least this partition) had a problem. The
reason I say that, is because when I list the partitions (fdisk -l) it
shows me the partition as Fat16 and not ext3.
I started the PC from the fedora CDs and went through the setup process
until I got to the partitioning part. There, I can see that the
partition is an ext3 and not fat16!!

Really don't know what to say or do.
I guess I'll just wait for the next release.

Ossama