Supporting NTFS in the kernel

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 5 13:56:16 UTC 2003

On Oct 5, 2003 at 14:55, Jaap A. Haitsma in a maddening rage wrote:

>I would like it very much if the standard kernel would include the read
>driver for NTFS. I now always have to rebuild the kernel myself if I
>want to read my Windooz partition
There is not a chance of this happening with the current
code. See past threads on this. No cite/reference handy
ATM.

>The write driver still seems to be experimental/dangerous
>SuSe is boasting that SuSe Linux 9.0 will support both read and write of
>NTFS.  Did they write their own driver?
No clue. I only follow RH gossip (since RH2.1).

War is much too serious a matter to be entrusted to the military.
		-- Clemenceau
 09:54:04  up 41 days, 21:28,  3 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.03, 0.01