Severn/Fedora hangs during boot at PCMCIA?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Oct 5 18:17:36 UTC 2003

On Oct  5, 2003, "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer at evidentdata.com> wrote:

> Once the system boots now though, it hangs at starting PCMCIA services.

Is this Severn 1 or 2?  Severn 1 used to hang for me unless I disabled
PCMCIA.  As a matter of fact, Severn 2 still hangs unless I disable
rhgb, but it only hangs when restarting XFree86 after rhgb completes.
But mine is a Tecra 8100.  Try adding some combination of acpi=off,
pci=noacpi and nogui to the boot command line and see if it helps.