Grub stage1 file error

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 5 19:09:45 UTC 2003

Let's start from the very beginning.

When you wrote your CD using the ISO images, did you mediacheck the CDs
before trying to install Fedora on your machine?

The installer offers you the chance to check your CDs. You can do this
by booting CD #1. After a few prompts about your language preferences
the media check will come up.

Why not try this?

I ended up having to create CDs 1-3 and I used mediacheck myself. Good
thing I did -- 2 of the 3 CDs were bad. Probably the CD media itself was
poor quality. I threw them out and made new ones.

Bob