Middle Click errors

Sean Craig seanc at tech-access.com
Mon Oct 6 09:18:35 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I am using a Logitech USB Wheel mouse with "Emulate 3 buttons" enabled.
I use this to highlight text then middle-click to paste.

If I try to "middle-click", I get the "right-click" context menu more
often than not.  Sometimes (though very seldom), I get both a paste AND
a context menu!

I've checked XF86Config, and this file reflects the correct setting.

This happened in Fedora Core, and also with the XFree and metacity
updates from the updates channel.

Is this a known bug in metacity?  Does anybody else have this problem?

Regards

Sean Craig