CD locking (was Re: is magicdev evil?)

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 22:03:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 17:27, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> I noticed that magicdev seems to really interfere with XCDRoast 0.98a14
> but not the earlier version. GNOME Toaster is also OK. I noticed on the
> XCDRoast page that 0.98a14 apparently includes a totally rewritten
> subsystem for disk reads and writes. Part of the problem could be
> there...

Harald - what's the situation here supposed to be currently?
I thought that we figured something out where:

 - All CD burnings open the device with O_EXCL
 - Apps accessing the device otherwise (magicdev, etc.) do nothing
   special

Was going to fix the problem, but I don't see anything in the current
xcdroast package (0.98a13) to open devices O_EXCL.

Thanks,
						Owen