GRUB Failure after last Friday's update

Michael R Hatzel Jr michael at epm2.com
Tue Oct 7 17:44:52 UTC 2003

>On Monday 06 October 2003 15:47, Michael R Hatzel Jr wrote:
>> over again.  Any thoughts?
>
>It's actually sending this message to your printer?  How is the printer
>connected?  Parallel?

Yes, it was sending messages to my parallel printer.  I eventually made it
go away by booting off of my rescue floppy again and re-running
grub-install.  Now, all I get are cascading "Loading Stage2..." messages on
every line.  It happened to me once during Test1 after an update, and I
solved it by re-installing fresh from the CD and then dropping into single
user mode and running up2date.  I'd like to avoid that if at all possible
since it was a time consuming pain in the ass.  Any thoughts?

Mike