redhat-config-securitylevel vs redhat-config-firewall?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 21:45:04 UTC 2003

Tommy McNeely wrote:

> Also, why is it called redhat-config-securitylevel, when all it really
> configures is the firewall.. wouldn't it make more sense to be called
> redhat-config-firewall? isn't that what it used to be called? what other
> security level stuff does it configure? :)

I think the idea is that it only configures very basic options about the
iptables firewall.  It's only setting up generic firewall levels, rather
than being a full-fledged firewall configurator.  If you want more
complex things, you have to update the rules manually, or with another
application.

--Jeremy