redhat-config-securitylevel vs redhat-config-firewall?

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 8 00:12:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:59:14PM -0600, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:14:05 -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 17:44, Jack Bowling wrote:
> >> [quoted text muted]
> >
> > But only if it provides robust firewall editing and configuration
> > capabilities. Until then it is not really a firewall configurator.
>

> This is true... I cant find the "checkbox" to allow in cups traffic
> (tcp/631?) I just turned the firewall off ... i was only playing anyhow,
> and this is on the internal network for now. it needs the ability to
> add/edit/delete services that are to be allowed in *like the OSX firewall* :)

IMHO, the number of services enabled in a standard RH install is
shockingly huge. I totally agree that it should be the exact opposite of
the current scheme: lock it down and let the user enable necessary services. In fact, i would argue that this is one of the main failings of a standard RH
install.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca