up2date (4.0.1-2) still being obstinate...

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 20:10:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Elton Woo wrote:

> Well it looks like I already *have* the newer version of gnome-python2-canvas
> installed already. Also, why is up2date (apparently) doing rpm -ivh,
> instead of *Uvh*? These are after just updating and a reboot:
> # rpm -qa | grep gnome-python
> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-1
> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-2
> gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-1
> gnome-python2-2.0.0-1
> gnome-python2-bonobo-2.0.0-1
> gnome-python2-bonobo-2.0.0-2
> gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-2

I am not sure what you have done here, you can get this if an rpm update
aborts for some reason. Delete the newer ones and then up2date them, to
make sure you have a good copy.

> Likewise, up2date refuses to install open-office 1.1.0-1.
> NOTE: it doesn'e even *list* the current version on
> my system (openoffice-i18n-1.0.2-4):

That is a known bug due to a minor packaging error. Either delete the old
openoffice packages first, or wait for the fixed package (probably
tomorrow).

	Michael Young