Sony Vaio Laptop Mouse Problems

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 9 02:02:26 UTC 2003

The latest Fedora updates from RHN have caused the mouse pointer on my
Sony Vaio PCG-F350 machine to go completely nuts. The mouse moves around
randomly, does not follow user mouse actions such as dragging and
clicking. It minimizes and moves the active window at random, often so
fast that the user cannot work at all. This happens whether or not I am
using a plugged in mouse or the GlidePoint touchpad. If anyone is having
success with this model of Vaio let me know -- feel free to email me a
copy of your XF86Config off-list.

I'm not sure what settings are needed since I didn't bother to save a
copy of the original XF86Config from my original install of Fedora,
which did work fine.

Since I want to play with wireless networking on the laptop and I need a
stable GUI environment to make that happen, I'm in the process of
reinstalling Red Hat 9. Then I'll grab s 2.4.22 kernel and go about the
slow job of compiling the kernel and the Prism54 wireless drivers I need.

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA