battery app using much cpu

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Thu Oct 9 15:58:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 01:23, Warren Togami wrote:
> Known bug...
[snip]
> I suspect Gnome's battery applet may be querying the battery info too
> often.  On my laptop with 2.4 or 2.6 kernel with ACPI enabled, Gnome's
> battery applet causes constant 15-20% CPU usage with two noticable
> hiccups per second where the mouse jumps because of loss of interactivity.
>
> Some guy in IRC said he knew of a patch to fix that, but I don't
> remember the details.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing something similar.  When I use ACPI on
my Dell Inspiron 8200, the CPU usage spikes up to 80-90% every couple of
seconds.  And while it makes pretty little lines on the CPU portion of
the System Monitor applet, it's really annoying...

Has this been filed in bugzilla yet?  If so, do you happen to know the
number?

Jared Smith