Turn OFF HTML -- it's amazing ... I've gotta comment on this ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Oct 9 22:09:27 UTC 2003

Quoting Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at web.de>:
> I will not say anything about your statements here, but PLEASE, Dear Mr.
> de Moraes, cloud you be so kind as to turn HTLM OFF!!!
> I think this is reason enough to ban you from this list. Sorry.

<lurker_mode=off>

First off, the American media does a most excellent job of showing how
Americans disagree with other Americans, American leadership with other
American leadership, debates, complaints and a general sense of "Americans
never agree together on anything" nor speak in an "unified voice."

Secondly, American media itself, be it radio, TV or otherwise, is so out of
touch with Americans -- just as much as American leaders.  The big American
networks have some of the worst truth ratings of any world-wide news
organizations, often "mis-interpret" information from even 3rd party,
international news organizations and, despite not being government-controlled,
still have their own agendas means you can't trust them much either.

As such, I can only conclude that disagreement and distention is alive and well
in America, from its leaders to its media to its people.  The fact that
Americans disagree continually with themselves, are not afraid let alone not
ashamed to show it with the whole world watching, and generally never talk with
an unified voice tells me America is the most free country in the world.

When Americans start agreeing on things with themselves (irrespective of the
world), that's when it's over.  ;-PPP

With that said, my $0.02 ...

No "hate #1" attitudes here.
Be it America, Microsoft or Red Hat, relative to whatever "#1" you "hate."

No banning people either, which can be "hate" in return.
Worse yet, it's often masked as "innocent" when it is, in fact, not
so "innocent."

Just practice the Golden Rule.

<lurker mode=on>

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org
[NT-based] Windows itself has never been the primary issue with