Red Hat Professional Workstation

MJang michael at ywow.org
Fri Oct 10 15:18:18 UTC 2003

Dear Bill,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Nottingham" <notting at redhat.com>
> > Has there been a beta of Red Hat Professional Workstation?
>
> Not exactly (see below).
>
> > Is it more closely related to Fedora or RHEL?
>
> It's related to RHEL; the Taroon beta is much more relevant to
> Red Hat Professional Workstation than Fedora is.

Thanks for your quick response. Thus, can I assume it's most closely related to RHEL Workstation? If so, do you know what the
differences are? For example, maybe it doesn't include the non-free 3rd party software that Alan Cox mentioned earlier?

To rephrase - why would Red Hat release both an Enterprise Workstation and a Professional Workstation product?

Thanks,
Mike Jang