System now thinks it is Severn release 0.95

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Oct 10 16:24:57 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 12:01, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Alternatively, try up2date-4.1.x.

OK, I tried updating to the latest (selecting everything BUT fedora-release)
and since up2date was selected, it did that first.  After up2date was
restarted, it tried to update from rawhide via yum (I do not have yum
installed).  Furthermore, the list of available updates differs between
server-updates and rawhide (no kernel update in rawhide).

Now I realize this is beta testing and things will break but if you want us to
use rhn to update/test things then this needs to be handled more carefully
(yesterday including fedora release and today switching to rawhide for the
source).

I have not found any documentation for /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and the
up2date-config program does not address this.  I realize that using update to
install these frequent updates is not really what it was designed to do but
it is being used in that manner.  Trying to locate older versions of programs
to fix/correct suddenly broken/changed packages so that we can proceed with
testing is not easy.  It would be useful to have up2date NOT delete packages
after they are installed.  I realize that I can get this by not automatically
installing packages but it is convenient to have up2date do the installs.
--
Gene