How to regenerate hdlist and hdlist2 file on Fadora 9.0.94

Steven Wang wzhjbj at ccoss.com.cn
Sat Oct 11 15:56:10 UTC 2003

Paul W. Frields,您好!

======= 2003-10-11 10:50:00 您在来信中写道:=======

>On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 02:52, Steven Wang wrote:
>> 	Hai every one,I want to rebuild Fadora cds after update some rpm balls,but I can't generated right hdlist and hdlist2 file.How can I generate a right file?
>
>Have you already checked the Redhat-CD-HOWTO? I'm not sure how much
>Fedora has changed the procedures you'll find therein, but they do work
>for Red Hat Linux 9.
They have chaged between Fedora and Red Hat Linux 9 .
>Given everything else the developers have been
>working on, I doubt they've found time to completely change the
>distribution build process. Give it a try and let the group know if it's
>now hopelessly out of date.
You may right.

But I want try.

My steps of rebuild are:
1.mkdir /root/cdimage;cd /root/cdimage;mkdir RedHat;cd RedHat;mkdir base;mkdir RPMS;
2.cd /root;mkdir cdsrpms;
3.copy all three rpm cds rpm balls to /root/cdimage/RedHat/RPMS,use cp /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/* ./,delete TRANS.TBL file;and copy three source rpm cds src.rpm balls to /root/cdsrpms;
4.set anaconda environment,export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda,export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime;
5.cd /root,generate hdlist:genhdlist --withnumbers /root/cdimage/ --hdlist /root/cdimage/RedHat/base/hdlist,but it is differ whith Fedora's hdlist;

I do not know WHY.

6.buildinstall --comp cdimage/RedHat/base/comps.xml --pkgorder cdimage/pkgorder --version 0.4 --product "MyLinux-Fedora" --release 1 cdimage;
7.splittree.py --arch=i386 --total-discs=6 --bin-discs=3 --src-discs=3 --release-string="MyLinux-Fedora" --pkgorderfile=/root/cdimage/pkgorder --distdir=/root/cdimage --srcdir=/root/cdsrpms;

generate 6 cds mkiso source directory