Problem with a Intersil Prism2 Wireless card (USR2410)

Charles Vaughn charlesv at mfos.org
Sat Oct 11 16:45:43 UTC 2003

On my laptop I have the latest Fedora Test.  There are two network
connections, a wired BCM4401, and a wireless pcmcia card, US Robotics
2410 802.11b.  It is detected as eth1, and ifconfig eth1 causes the
light to go solid, indicating it found my access point.  However,
getting an address from the dhcp server times out.  If I bring up the
system with init=/bin/bash and only start the pcmcia service, then it
works fine, and will get an address.  Also, if the wired network is
plugged in, it seems to be able to get an address, and I seem to be able
to ping it, however if I unplug the network, pings no longer get
through.

The card has the latest firmware, and works fine under Windows.
--
   _    | Charles Vaughn <charlesv at mfos.org>