Sun J2SE 1.4.2

esm at logic.net esm at logic.net
Mon Oct 13 14:50:37 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 12:50:31PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> RH9 came with gcc-java vut this was removed in FC test1 (no longer needed
> to build openoffice.org). Will it ever come back?

I believe you're thinking of jdkgcj, not gcc-java; jdkgcj was a set of
"java", "javac", etc. wrappers around GCJ (gcc-java). Between gcc-java
and libgcj, you should have everything needed to do whatever you'd do
with a "normal" Java SDK ("gcj -C <.java file>" is roughly equivilent to
"javac", "gij <class>" does what "java" does, etc).

Plus you can compile to a native executable on top of that. :-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.