What is up2date repackaging?

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Mon Oct 13 19:37:13 UTC 2003

I just noticed that /var in FC Beta2 was taking up an extraordinary
amount of space.  I originally thought that it was /var/spool/up2date,
but I noticed that there was a /var/spool/repackage directory containing
over 1GB of rpm packages.  I do recall seeing a 'Repackaging' screen in
up2date, but I wasn't sure what it was doing.  Does anyone know what
up2date is doing?

Also, I am getting the problem with up2date trying to update rpms that
are already installed.  I can verify that these rpms have several
versions installed.  I thought that this must be something to do with
the up2date rollbacks, because this started happening when I setup the
rollback option in up2date.  Did anyone bugzilla this?

Thanks,

Forrest