test3 mediacheck still brain dead

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 20:11:00 UTC 2003

On Oct 13, 2003, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 12:11:42PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:

>> DMA should already be turned off in that kernel for CD drives...

It is not.  The -BOOT kernel isn't used for the installer CD any
longer, and only the -BOOT kernel was changed :-(

> Additionally, some drives _need_ you to have burned the CD using
> padding (-pad in cdparanoia, other apps may use something else).

Not true.  It's about the drive.  It's the kernel.  A CD burnt with
Severn2 cdrecord, without -pad, fails verification on Severn2, but
passes if I reboot the machine into Shrike and run the verification
program from a chrooted Severn2.