4 Problems so far with severn3

Rainer Traut rainer.traut at epost.de
Tue Oct 14 08:03:35 UTC 2003

Hi,
I have just installed severn3 and found some problems:

It's an dell optiplex 260 with an i845g/gl chipset,
onboard grafics is disabled by plugging in an old 3dlabs permedia2 agp card.

1) anaconda only seems to recognise the intel graphics, which leads to a
text only install
2) after reboot screen goes blank very often while booting kernel (think
it tries to start X but fails as wrong card is configured (i845)grafics
mode kernel boot?!)
3) after text login I can configure the 3dlabs card but I can only go to
maximum of 800*600 though it is capable of 1024*768 (rhl9 was ok)
4) this machine is not capable of hyperthreading nor smp but it starts
irqbalanced in runlevel 345

should I file a bug report?

Thank you
rainer