Allowing a user administrative tasks without roots password

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Oct 14 12:36:00 UTC 2003

Quoting Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor at freemail.hu>:

> auth sufficient pam_localuser.so   # all local user
>
> or
>
> auth sufficient pam_succeed_if.so USER ingroup printersettings
> 		# certain users are in printersettings group

There once was even a GUI tool to do this included in some beta-release of RHL,
somewhere in 7.x days. Sadly it never made it to the final releases and hasn't
been resurrected in any form either (it was a QT app so I guess it didn't fit in
with the other RH config tools and was somewhat rough around the edges...)

--
    - Panu -