2 FCrc3 Gripes

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 17:57:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 01:14:18PM -0400, Douglas Stewart wrote:
> These both occurred on a fresh rc3 install (installed over an rc2
> install but with all partitions formatted).
>
> 1) It doesn't seem to remember firewall/up2date settings from the
> FirstBoot run.  I had to manually configure the security level.  This
> failure caused all sorts of NIS weirdness/slowness and it didn't go away
> until I marked eth0 as a trusted device.

I saw this with FC 0.94 as well, but I forgot to report it. (In my case,
I checked the box to allow incoming SSH connections, but that didn't
take effect.)

> 2) I am unable to select a base channel under the RHN entitlements for
> this install.  There's no link to click and nothing in the dropdown base
> channel selection.

You're supposed to use yum instead of RHN for this test release, and
up2date's default configuration does this.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>