Anaconda Installer: Use of swap space on a multi-drive, multiboot system

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 15 01:31:09 UTC 2003

When the anaconda installer is presented with a system that has more
than one physical hard drive installed, and the other drive has a linux
system on it, it tries to snatch the swap space that belongs to the
other system.

For example I have 2 drives on one machine. /dev/hdb has Fedora Core
0.94 on it. I installed Fedora Core 0.95 on /dev/hda, and the installer
decided to use the swap partition that is on the hdb in addition to
allocating space for a swap partition on hda. It also set up /etc/fstab
to activate both swap partitions.

I don't think anaconda should be doing that. Comments?

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA