login screen and start-up screen screenshots

rg grant at tuins.ac.jp
Wed Oct 15 07:49:53 UTC 2003

>>Need screenshots of the login screen and graphical start-up screens. Is
>>it possible to take screenshots of those or where can I access them?
>>

>From the release notes:
>
>"""
>o During a graphical installation, you can press SHIFT-Print Screen and
>a screenshot of the current installation screen will be taken. These are
>stored in the following directory:
>
>       /root/anaconda-screenshots/
>
>The screenshots can be accessed once the newly-installed system is
>rebooted.
>"""
>
>Or run the installer in VNC mode and make screenshots of the VNC window
>(though they might look worse depending on your VNC settings).
>
>Nils

Thanks, but the points you mention are only for screenshots of the
installation process, no?  I mean the normal everyday
post-installation-and-forever-after GDM login screen (the new cool gray
one) and the new boot up graphics (new cool gray ones). Is it possible
to take screenshots of those too?

ralston