Question about dual-booting two versions of RedHat

Terry R Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Wed Oct 15 13:02:32 UTC 2003

I have a large disk drive with ample space. I've decided I would like to
install two versions of RedHat. One would be a "production" version, the
other a "test" version.

The documentation I've seen talks about Linux co-existing in a dual boot
with some version of Windows.

I've installed the "first" version of Linux in the first 25 GB of disk
space. Do I install the "2nd" version in a similar manner?...that is,
using a custom install and then selecting the unused portion of the
drive to install the 2nd version? GRUB will see the two installs and
allow me to select which one to boot?

In a sense, this all seems fairly easy...is it pretty straight-forward?

By-the-way, initial impressions of the latest Beta are quite favorable.
That is, the overall interface is quite nice!

Thanks...Terry
--
Terry R Linhardt <linhardt at swbell.net>