(no subject)

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 23:01:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 12:53, pjain001 at covad.net wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have access to a sniffer but using netstat it does
> look like it's hitting our proxy server on port 80.  Not sure why it's not
> getting out.  If I change the source to use the up2date default, it gets
> out but responds by telling me:
> Error Message:
>
>     Your account does not have access to any channels matching
> (release='0.95', arch='i686-redhat-linux')
>

> Thanks again!

Make sure that /etc/yum.conf has fedora-release as the value for
distroverpkg like so:

  distroverpkg=fedora-release

Also you can use this from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

### this describes the various package repos up2date will look into
### for packages. It currently supports apt-rpm repos, yum repos,
### and "dir" repos

### format is one repo entry per line, # starts comments, the
### first word on each line is the type of repo.

### the defalt rhn (using "default" as the url means
### use the one in the up2date config file
### This is required.
#up2date default

### When a channel-label is required for the non up2date repo's,
### the label is soley used as an internal identifier and is not
### based on the url or any other info from the repo.

### an apt style repo, this time arjanv's 2.6 kernel repo
### format is:
### type  channel-label      service:server         path        repo
name

#apt arjan-2.6-kernel-i386 http://people.redhat.com ~arjanv/2.5/ kernel

### Note that for apt repos, there can be multiple repo names specificed
### space seperated.

### an yum style repo

### format:
### type  channel-label     url

#yum fedora-$ARCH-os
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/0.94/$ARCH/yum/os/
yum rawhide http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/

### an local directory full of packages
### format#dir my-favorite-rpms-i386-9 /var/spool/RPMS/

# multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used.
Depenencies
# can be resolved "cross-repo" if need be.

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb
Senior Programmer Analyst