Anaconda Installer: Use of swap space on a multi-drive, multiboot system

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 00:28:27 UTC 2003

On Oct 15, 2003, Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I myself can't think of anything off the top of my head other than I
> do not want an OS' installer to mess with other drives on a
> system.

The assumption that one installation means one hard disk is not very
common.  If you have more than one disk on the same machine, it will
perform better of you keep different features in different disks, than
keeping root and swap on the same disk.

> That is what anaconda is doing here.

Agreed.  There should be a way to disable this, just like there is a
way to tell Anaconda to not format and to not even use other
filesystem types.