RHN with Fedora Test 3

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 04:10:29 UTC 2003

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 10:22, Jason Montleon wrote:
>
>>OK, I've seen the postings regarding running up2date --configure in order to
>>use the Rawhide channel, but it's not working for me...  I am subscribed to
>>nothing, and I don't see a way to subscribe to anything.  Anyone know where
>>to go, what to check, what to change or what not to get subscribed to the
>>channel?  Why is RH making this so difficult?  I don't ever recall having to
>>go through such BS to get a production or beta system subscribed with
>>RHN....

If you uncomment the line with "up2date default", you will need to have
the release package for the channel that you are subscribed to.

  Up2date will search for the channel on RHN. If the channel is not
there, up2date will ceases to function.

However, if you have the line commented. It will use yum and it will
search your selected repositories.

## This is required for channels on rhn
up2date default

## This is to run without an RHN account
#up2date default

At least this is how it seems to work for me.

Jim

--
You're working under a slight handicap.  You happen to be human.