is anyone using any speech / dictation with Fedora?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 16 04:54:06 UTC 2003

Several years ago, when my wife was writing her Ph.D dissertation, she
tried the Dragon Dictate product (by Dragon Systems, which I think was
bought by another company) under Microsoft Windows 98. It did a poor job
of recognition despite use of a high quality Shure microphone. She soon
gave up on Dragon and returned to typing into Microsoft Word.

Even a 90% recognition rate for Via Voice seems fantastically good. I
watched Dragon Dictate miss most voice input, even with "training".

Bob

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA