up2date -p with yum

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 16 11:50:26 UTC 2003

On Oct 15, 2003 at 23:04, Jason in a soothing rage wrote:

>What is the equivelant of up2date -p when using in conjunction with yum.  It
>spits out a message something about not having an online profile when using
>yum (sorry im not in front of the system, I can get it if necessary)
>
>Long story short when I run up2date it keeps trying to download packages
>because it believes I have outdated versions installed and then fails to
>install them because I already have current versions installed.  up2date -p
>doesn't fix it (for the obvious reason mentioned about), but wondering what
>the equivelant action is.
If you are using FC test 3, you'll note that up2date now picks up
rpms from http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide as opposed
to http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/0.95/$ARCH/yum/os. The
rawhide repository does not work of profiles as such you really
can't update your profile. Note that before you had to have registered
with RHN before you could use up2date. With the way it is set up now
you don't need to register. I assume that when FC1 is released, this
will change.

Many a writer seems to think he is never profound except when he can't
understand his own meaning.
		-- George D. Prentice
 07:46:19  up 52 days, 19:20,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00