up2date -p with yum

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:09:03 UTC 2003

Justin Georgeson wrote:
    not sure on this one other than to say there have been a few threads of
people saying it installs multiple versions of the same software. You might
look at 'up2date     --configure' for relevant options. Have a look in the
archives for the recent threads.

This may have been what happened.  It is impossible to tell now, but what I
ended up doing in order to resolve the problem was rpm -e mozilla-nspr (same
for mozilla-nss mozilla and vim-common; i.e. all the affected packages)

I initially received a message to the effect 'mozilla-nspr refers to
multiple packages'.  I was a little baffled by that so I ran it again and it
went like normal.  I then did 'up2date mozilla-nspr' (same for all the
others with each of these commands as well), and that ended my trouble.