Evolution always attempts IPv6...

Benny Amorsen benny+nospam at amorsen.dk
Thu Oct 16 13:18:04 UTC 2003

My mail server is accessible with IPv6. Evolution-1.4.5-3 attempts to
access SMTP and IMAP over IPv6, which is fine when I am at home.
However, when I am on the road the laptop does not always have IPv6
connectivity. In that case Evolution attempts to contact my server over
IPv6, even though I only have a link-local IPv6 address. This obviously
fails, but Evolution does not try to get through on IPv4 after the
failure.

As a workaround I have removed the AAAA record for my mail server. That
makes Evolution happy.

/Benny