up2date and proxy?

Thu Oct 16 13:32:18 UTC 2003

I am trying to use up2date on fc1t3 and a proxy server, and while up2date
has a place to fill in the proxy info, it seems like it isn't working? (or
redhat's site is timing out?)

Actually, the problem doesn't seem to be the proxy server or redhat's
site, because I can load the URL fine in mozilla.

Just for kicks, I set the http_proxy env. var., no change.

also for fun, I tried passing the proxy info on the command like with
--proxy, --proxyUser, and --proxy-Password, but then it gave me even
stranger errors ("Invalid option -r").

partial error:
    return opener.open(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 328, in open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 307, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 824, in http_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTP, req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 809, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>